Summer break plans

By Farahana Nur - Thursday, November 15, 2018

After what seems to be years (literally), I am finally through my fifth year of my bachelor's degree, and I am still not done. Yes, you read it right. The degree that should have been three years, but it's going to take me six years to complete. It's longer than a medical degree ffs. I have been under-loading and failing my units due to a lot of circumstances, some of them being the passing of my dad and trouble managing my time and difficulty with the da'wah circle that I was in. I was almost at the point of quitting altogether but for some reason, I am still here, although barely passing my units, trying as hard as I can to be a normal student living her university life – making friends, joining clubs and societies, taking part in events etc. all the things that I didn't do for the first 4 years, and most importantly, healing. I can't wait to be done with this because it feels like I have been held back for too long. It is time I progress into a new phase of life.

Anyways, I now have three months of summer holiday. The long awaited break is finally here but three days after my last exam, I am already losing my mind due to boredom. I was so focused on finishing the semester that I hadn't thought of what to do afterwards. I was supposed to be doing a voluntary placement/internship during this summer break but since my grandmother had gotten sick in the past month, it seems like I am the one who's going to take care of her for the time being. I am really scared of being really inactive for the whole three months so I am planning to do a lot of things to occupy myself (planning, as usual). I mentioned about this in my daily journal but let's put it here for a better documentation. It'll be a great satisfaction to check the list as we go through it, no?

  • finish my watercolor papers (by painting of course)
  • exercise four times a week
  • read at least 5 pages of a book every day
  • consistent post in my blog
  • try cooking new recipes
  • 15 minutes of French lessons on Duo every day
  • swim every chance I get
  • spring cleaning
  • sell/donate old clothes and books
What are some of your new year's resolutions that you wanna complete this year? We have roughly a month and a half left so let's try our best to end 2018 with as much accomplishments as we can, as little as it may be.


This is Farahana Nur drinking Skinny Dip at the library.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments